Provident Loans Alternative
Apply for a loan from Loanski, the Provident Alternative – From £100 to £2000
You can expect an automated answer within 3 minutes.
**Applying will not affect your credit score but if you accept the loan offer a full credit check will be performed
REPRESENTATIVE 305% APR
Loanski offers competitive interest rates compared to some lenders across the market.
Customize your loan term from 1 month to 12 months putting you in control of your payment plan.
You can expect fast payouts sometimes within 10 minutes^
Company Number: 146091
Date firm started business:
20 February 1917
Provident is a trading name of Provident Personal Credit Limited.
Type of Business: LENDER
Loan value range:
£100 to £1000
Loan term length:
13, 26 or 52 Weeks
Head Office Address:
No. 1 Godwin Street
Provident is one of the longest standing loan companies in the UK which started over 135 years ago! The company originally started in 1880 when Joshua Waddilove, an insurance agent based in Bradford felt a strong desire to help the locals. It was known as Provident clothing and supply limited back then.”
It all started with vouchers
He supplied the locals with vouchers on a buy now pay later basis which enabled them to purchase life’s essentials such as meat, bread, milk clothes and coal.
Times were hard due to the world wars and as families struggled to make ends meet, the idea spread across the UK and the business grew.
More and more agents were placed in towns and cities across the country and eventually the company switched to cash loans and became known as Provident in 1917.
Another great thing about Provident is they don’t just care about your credit score or whether you have CCj’s. They will access your personal circumstances too and consider the reasons in which you will need the loan.
How the company works:
Applying for a loan with Provident has never been easier. One of the great things with provident is they offer a more personal service than most loan companies enabling you to become acquainted with your local representative.
To apply for a loan with Provident follow these three easy steps:
- Apply online selecting your loan preferences. For example £500 over a term of 25 weeks.
- The next step is to complete your loan application online; you will receive a decision within minutes.
- If you are successful a local Provident representative will arrange a visit to your house to carry out an affordability assessment.
There are three repayment terms you can select when applying for a provident loan. These are 13, 26 or 52 weeks. These three options give you flexibility when deciding the best repayment term for yourself.
Do I need a bank account?
Another fantastic thing about Provident is a bank account is NOT essential to receive a loan. Payments are made in cash by your local representative on the day of your home visit.
Requirements for the loan:
Age restriction – You must be 18 and 74 years of age be eligible to apply for a loan with Provident Personal Credit.
UK Resident – Provident applications are only open to permeant residents of the United Kingdom.
Home visit – When applying for a provident loan you must consider whether you are happy to receive a home visit from one of the local representatives as it’s an essential part of the process. Once you are accepted your representative will call weekly to collect your repayments.
Address information – You will require your address information from your current address and your previous address from the last 3 years.
ID and Income– Proof of ID and income information will be needed for the home visit all the following documents will be accepted. You do not need to be employed to receive a loan from provident, some benefits are also accepted.
Proof of income –
Correct as per provident website*
A payslip, paper or electronic; (issued within the last 35 days)
A letter showing the benefits you receive (DWP or Jobcentre Plus Benefit Award letter), dated within the last 365 days.
What benefits are accepted?
- Attendance Allowance
- DWP Letter / Jobcentre Plus Benefit Award
- Carer’s Allowance
- Contribution Based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Incapacity Benefit
- Income Based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
- Industrial Injury Benefit
- Maternity Allowance
- Reduced Earnings Allowance
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Universal Credit
- Widowed Parent’s Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance (Adults), dated within last 1095
- Days Disability Living Allowance (Children), dated within last 1095
- Personal Independence Payment, dated within last 1095
- Child Benefit, Child Tax Credits (HMRC Letter, Child/Working Tax Credit Letter), dated within the last 365 days
- Child Benefit (Post Office Card Account Statement), dated within the last 35 days
- Working Tax Credits or Guardian’s Allowance, (HMRC Letter or Working Tax Credit Letter), dated within the last 365 days
- Housing Benefit (Paid to Tenant Only) (DWP Letter / Jobcentre Plus Benefit Award Letter or Confirmation Letter / Remittance Advice ), dated within the last 365 days
- Pension / Annuity statement, payslip or letter stating entitlement (including state pension), dated within the last 365 days.
Accepted forms of Identification –
- Passport (UK or Foreign, within valid date)
- Photo-card Driving Licence (UK or EU, full or provisional, within valid date)
- U. Member State Identity Card (within valid date)
- Shotgun Licence or Firearms Certificate (within valid date)
- Northern Ireland Electoral ID Card / Voters Card (within valid date)
- Biometric ID card for foreign nationals (UK issued by Home Office, within valid date)
Please note that all forms of ID MUST be valid and within date.
Looking for an all in one loan solution like Provident? Loanski’s partner has a loan search system that scans and checks your details with multiple lenders increasing your chances of getting accepted for a loan and reduces the time searching through multiple lenders.
CEM – During your application with Provident you may notice the term CEM. This stands for Customer Experienced Manager and is your personal representative that will get to know you, asses your loan based upon your individual needs and collect your weekly payments.
Please be aware that each time you apply for a loan this will mark your credit score meaning if you are rejected it will me even harder to apply for another loan even if you have more of a chance at being accepted.
To make it easier you can apply for short term loans through Loanski who are a broker and not a lender. This way you can find great options for loans without needing to go through that complicated process and it’s all 100% online!
|Advantages of using Loanski|
|Loan Amounts||£100 to £2000 ^||High Acceptance Rates|
|Application Decision Time||3 Minute Automated Decision!||100% Online No Paper Work!|
|Payout Time||As fast as 10 Minutes! ^||SSL Secure Application|
|Fee For Application||£0 We Don't Charge Fee's!||Multiple Lender Platform|
|Poor Credit Score?||All Credit Scores Welcome!||No Obligation|